We have all heard the “eat your fruits & veggies” saying as a kid… but do you really eat your fruits & veggies?
I know I ALWAYS eat my fruits, but I have to really focus and plan on adding vegetables to my meals daily to meet my requirements. If I don’t eat vegetables with my lunch I am way behind come dinner time.
Check out the website MY PLATE which is a government resource for health and fitness. According to the site women from the ages of 19-50 should have 2 1/2 cups of vegetables daily and men from the ages of 19-50 should have 3 cups daily. For more about vegetable servings click here
Here are some TIPS to help you eat your veggies:
- Make ½ your plate fruits or veggies.
- Have a veggie soup or a side salad to start your lunch or dinner
- Keep cut up veggies & fruit in the fridge for easy access
- Add in vegetables to your scrambled eggs or omelets
- Buy fresh vegetables that are in season, they are cheaper and more flavorful
- Keep frozen veggies for easy quick side dishes
There are so many health benefits to eating fruits and vegetables but it can also help you to lose weight and keep your calorie intake in check!
I challenge you this weekend to make a conscious effort to meet your daily requirement on fruit & veggie servings! Can you do it?