TIPS FOR RECOVERING FROM FOOD OVERLOAD
If you OVER-INDULGED this past weekend from all the Thanksgiving food don’t fall into an even deeper hole.. do something about it.
- Drink lots of water. As full as you might feel, try and flush out all that extra sodium.
- Sweat it out. Burn some extra calories and keep your workouts in check this week.
- Eat healthy. Aim for portion control, and choose lean meats with lots of vegetables and fruit.
Everyone has different outcomes when it comes to the holiday season. People skip their workouts, pile on the food, spend more time sitting around… and come up with tons of excuses for not eating healthy. Some people keep up their fitness routines or crank up their workouts to have the occasional indulgence. What are you going to do?
With the holidays bringing on more parties and get togethers it is easy to hit a road-block but there are ways to prevent it from happening. Don’t wait until January 1st to set goals to eat healthy and lose weight. Start now by making smarter choices. I am not telling you to avoid all your favorite foods but be conscious of your choices.
To avoid gaining extra weight during the holidays:
- Don’t arrive hungry to your party. Eat a snack before and drink lots of water
- Keep your portions in check. Have a scoop of the mashed potatoes but make sure to load up on your veggies too.
- Choose desserts wisely. Yes 1 cookie is okay, but don’t sample 10 just because there are so many varieties.
- Stay Active. If you know you have 2 parties to attend on the weekend, add in an extra workout or two.
During the holidays, I like to treat myself just like everyone else. I do however keep in mind of my portion sizes, I stick with my workouts, I drink lots of water, and I always load up on fruits and veggies.
How will you maintain your weight during the holidays??