Super Bowl Sunday is definitely a big day in our household. It is one of my favorite “holidays” and I always get excited to make game day snacks! Do you ever notice that Super Bowl parties have more food then Thanksgiving dinner??? Wings, layered dips, Chips, Sliders, nachos, etc… it can be food overload!
It doesn’t all have to be “JUNK FOOD” and we can definitely turn that junk food healthy!
Here are a few tips to make your SUPER BOWL HEALTHIER:
- Replace mayo and sour cream based dips with plain yogurt
- Bake your chicken wings instead of frying them, and remove the skin so they have less fat
- Make chicken tenders from chicken breast and bake them or fry them in a little canola or olive oil
- Use BAKED chips instead of regular
- Serve dips with fresh veggies instead of crackers/chips
- Choose leaner meats for your chili, sliders, or nachos
- Make stuffed mushrooms with spinach and low fat cheese instead of sausage and cheese
- Drink water in between quarters!
- Get your workout in before the game to burn some extra calories
Okay.. Now what is on MY menu for today!
The Game-Plan is:
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms, Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites, Lean Beef chili, Baked Chicken Wings, and Spinach & Artichoke dip with yogurt base!! YUM
Enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday!