HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love this time of year, the weather is warm, I am outside more, and there are tons of BBQ’s and Parties to attend.
Come Monday are you that person that regrets your weekend choices? Holidays of course are for celebrating but by making a few smarter choices you can keep your health & fitness goals on track!!
Tips for a HEALTHY & Happy 4th:
- Avoid all the processed snacks. The chips & cookies may look good but they are not going to keep you full and they will most likely have you craving more sugary and carb rich foods.
- Take a small plate… load up on as much of the fruits, veggies, tossed salad, & lean protein as you can. If you are still hungry go back for seconds but only choose one scoop of the things you REALLY want to indulge in. Better yet have the burger but throw it on a huge salad and skip the bun!!
- Limit your alcohol. Avoid sugary drinks like Margaritas and Pina coladas; they are loaded with sugar and calories. IF you’re going to have a drink, have a beer or wine and make sure to mix in a glass of water to stay hydrated.
- Skip Dessert. This will throw your calorie budget over the top! If there is fruit…dive in! If you really need it, take 1/2 of a brownie, or 1/2 of a piece of cake and then throw it out!
- Get your workout in! Just because it is the 4th of July doesn’t mean you can’t get a quick workout in. Even if it is at home with some pushups, squats, & sit-ups. You will thank me later
These little TIPS will help you feel better in the long run! Happy 4th Of July
Do you have any Healthy Eating BBQ Tips to add to the list??