As a Group Fitness Instructor I have had the privelage to work with people of all ages & fitness levels. I have experienced group fitness levels on both sides so I know the ins & outs of most classes.
Trainer Tip Tuesday #7: Get more out of your group fitness class
Here are some tips to make the most out of your group fitness class:
- Introduce yourself to the instructor. If you are new to the class let the instructor know. They can demonstrate any new exercises to you, as well as keep an eye on your form through-out the workout.
- Listen to the instructor’s cues. I can’t stress this one enough. Some of us are visual learners, but it is important to listen to what your instructor is saying. Those little tips will improve your form, strength, and will motivate you to finish your workout.
- Ask questions. Don’t hold back, if you are confused about something or are unsure if you are performing the exercise right, ASK! That is what the instructor is there for.
- Don’t hold back! if you partner or neighbor isn’t as quick or strong as you, don’t go at their pace. Push and challenge yourself to get stronger. If you are taking a strength training class, listen to your body.. if something is too easy try increasing the weights or repetitions so you get stronger!
- Make your fitness class a priority. If you love your class, make sure to keep it on your schedule so that it becomes part of your daily routine. Going to a class 1x per week is not enough!
What is your favorite Group fitness class to take or teach?
Do you prefer an instructor that is in your face or one who is educational but motivating?
For more of my Trainer Tips check our my previous posts:
Trainer Tip #6 Choose exercise that you enjoy doing
Trainer Tip #5 Quality vs Quantity
Trainer Tip #4 Lift a little heavier
Trainer Tip #3 A short workout is better then no workout
Trainer Tip #2 Exercising outdoors
Trainer Tip Tuesday #1: If you don’t like an exercise, start doing it!