I am so excited to share this recipe with you. These homemade protein bars were delicious and super satisfying post-workout. The bonus is there are no preservatives and they are healthy.
Yesterday when I was prepping foods, I knew I needed some on the go snacks this week that were filling since my schedule is busy. These bars are sure to do the trick!
This morning I taught a Group Power class and immediately trained a client right after so this was the perfect post workout snack to eat as I was leaving class. With about 9g of protein, I knew my muscles would be replenished. I loved that it had some crunch from the almonds and the combination of chocolate and peanut butter felt almost like a treat!
The best part is they are no bake! It literally took me 10 minutes to whip these up and I’m definitely going to make these weekly. I might try out some different flavors
Homemade Protein Bars
2 cups quick oats
2 scoops Egg White Protein Powder (I used Jay robb chocolate)
1/4 cup almonds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter (creamy)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease a large 11×7 inch pan.
2. In plastic bag, crush almonds (I use a hammer but you can use a rolling pin
3. Combine all of the dry mix ingredients into a large bowl and mix
4. In a microwave safe bowl combine all of the wet mix ingredients & microwave until chocolate is mostly melted. Stir until smooth
5. Combine wet & dry ingredients.
6. Pour mixture into the pan and spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
(This is before they were cut.. I used wax paper to spread them in the pan so my hands didnt’ get all sticky.)
7. Refrigerate for an hour before eating & Store in the fridge.
Makes 12 bars, serving size 1 bar approximately 195 calories, 8.2g fat, 21g carb, 2.8g fiber, 9.2g protein
Note: These bars can be sticky from the honey so I wrapped mine in a piece of tin foil to bring to work or you could use wax paper so that it doesn’t get your hands all sticky.