The Fit Skool

by Kelly

My “ALMOST first day back to work”


I haven’t posted in a few days, but I’m back today! I had a somewhat relaxing weekend at home. I spent time running errands for Ava’s first week at daycare, and getting all her things organized for the big day.  I also tried to soak up my quality time with Ava at home since Monday was supposed to be my first day back to work.

On Saturday, I practiced my Group Power workout with Marc.. I couldn’t wait to get back to teaching.  I even made it to the YMCA on Sunday morning at 830am to attend Michele’s Group Power class. It was awesome to be part of the class and not be the instructor. I loved it! It is honestly such a different energy being part of the group vs. teaching the group. They are both great experiences.

After my workout on Sunday I ate this QUEST brownie protein bar. I was almost done with the bar when I got an idea to heat it up in the microwave. OMG why did I wait so long to do this. It was AMAZING and literally tasted like a warm brownie. I am not lying!! I need to get my hands on more of these ASAP.


This weekend I ate this pesto sandwich on 2 occasions. It was delicious even though my picture does it no justice. The sandwich had Chicken, Eggplant, Provolone, Lettuce, Tomato & Pesto on a sandwich thin! Simple, healthy, & delicious.


If you read the title of this post you might be a little curious… “my ALMOST first day back to work”

Yea… so… I am in a sling for the next 3 weeks! I broke my collar bone…. I know, I can’t believe it either. How did this happen??


(I am smiling but I am really not happy that I am on the recovery list again)

Here’s how it happened.. First off, I have low blood pressure and low blood sugar. So to keep everything normal I eat small frequent meals to prevent me from getting the drop in pressure/sugar. I woke up startled in the middle of the night because Ava was crying. It was like 3:30am and normally when she wakes up she isn’t crying she’s just making noises and squirming. I jumped out of bed in a panic and immediately picked her up. All of a sudden I felt extremely nauseous, light-headed, and thought I was going to throw up. I handed Ava over to Marc and attempted to walk to the bathroom.  I felt too sick so I headed back to my bed. Marc handed me a glass of water as I sat in bed.

I told Marc I thought I was going to faint and sure enough I did. I then literally fell and landed all my body weight on my shoulder. We went to the ER and of course I knew something wasn’t right. I broke my collar bone.

Why did this have to happen!! I was literally heading back to work that same morning and Ava was starting daycare. I am SO frustrated and almost can’t believe it happened. Now I am on the mends AGAIN.

IMG_2870 IMG_2871


I’ve decided to take a positive spin on my whole injury. I get another week or so with Ava. Her smiles, laughs, and crazy faces are making everything better!!

Author: Kelly @ The Fit Skool

I’m Kelly, a NASM personal trainer and group instructor, a former athlete, a wife and soon to be mommy. Health and Fitness is my passion and I am excited to share this journey with you!


  1. Oh my god Kelly, that sucks!!! Definitely focus on the fact that you get more snuggle time with your little girl though. How quickly does a broken collarbone heal completely?

    • I know it does stink but more time with Ava is fabulous :)

      I am in a sling for 3 weeks ugh. I meet with my doctor this week so I am hoping the recovery time is a quick. Keeping my fingers crossed!

  2. Did you take the sling off?Hope you feel better and dont have any pain.

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.