Before a workout I always need a quick bite or small meal to get me going. I am not one of those people that functions and performs on an empty stomach! Food gives me the energy and stamina I need to complete my workout!
Through my training and personal experience I have learned the importance of a post-workout snack! Feeding your body after a workout helps repair the muscle tissues and replenishes your glycogen which gets depleted during intense workout sessions. It doesn’t matter where I am after a workout I always have something to re-fuel my body. Here are some of my go to post-workout snacks or snacks that I recommend:
1. Cookie Dough Protein Bites a good source of protein & fat
2. Quest Protein Bars.. yum. They are super high in protein to help rebuild that muscle.
3. Banana.. high in potassium and would be great topped with some peanut or almond butter
4. Greek Yogurt with berries
5. A small chicken or turkey sandwich with reduced fat cheese
Don’t forget the importance of drinking water after a workout.. stay hydrated:)