Some days are busier then others and I know if I am not prepared my hunger will lead me to bad choices later in the day.
I always have snacks on hand wherever I go. You can even ask Marc! He often laughs at me, because out of nowhere, I will have food in my hand and be eating a snack. I remember one time we were clothes shopping and as I was checking out, I grabbed a bar out of my purse along with my money, and started snacking. Marc said, “where in the world did you get that?” haha
With my low-blood pressure I have had several instances where I have felt faint and that usually happens when I haven’t eaten in a while. I’ve learned my lesson and now I try to keep snacks in my gym bag, my car, my purse and even my night stand so I don’t run into any serious issues!
These snacks are great for anyone on the go, for anyone traveling, parents who have to chauffer their kids around, or for those who constantly find themselves in a hunger jam!
My 5 Go-To Healthy Snacks:
1. Banana, apple or orange: fruit is super nutritious, contains fiber, vitamins & minerals and it’s portable! It’s an all around win.
2. Protein Bar: usually I keep a Quest Bar in my bag. They are high in protein and fiber! Plus they are super filling & satisfying.
3. Granola bars: I try not to eat a lot of granola bars but they are still great to keep around. I especially love KIND Bars!!
4. Nuts: I make little baggies with mixed nuts and keep them everywhere. My favorite are almonds, sunflower seeds & pistachios. I will even add golden raisins, dried cranberries, or regular raisins too! This snack is packed with healthy fats and will be sure to hold you over until your next meal.
5. Fruit & Veggie Pouches: even though these fruit & veggie pouches are marketed towards kids, they make a great healthy snack for ANYONE. I usually keep them in my car for Ava but I have eaten them before The ones with yogurt are great too.
The options are endless if you can keep a cooler/lunch bag in your car. Then you can bring sandwiches, yogurts, veggies, frittata squares, etc. By keeping healthy foods on hand you will never have an excuse to make bad choices!
Speaking of healthy snacks… I devoured this Quest Protein Bar last night after boot camp.
I am really looking forward to the weekend. Tonight my plans are to go visit my Niece who is only a week old and then come home to kick my feet up! Saturday morning I am teaching Boot Camp, and then we are driving up to Rhode Island for a birthday celebration! Can’t wait
What healthy snacks do you keep on hand?
Do you have any to add to my list?