How I coped with nausea (This post was written during Week 7 of pregnancy)
As I sit down to write this post, I am actually feeling less nauseated then I have been the past 2 weeks. To say I was a happy camper would be a lie. Being nauseous has made me miserable, cranky, tired, and of course all around sick.
Over the past few days, I’ve done a whole lot of nothing. As a matter of fact, I think I spent more hours on the couch then I did doing anything else.
Marc eventually got sick of me asking for more water, more snacks and changing Ava’s endless amounts of diapers. Yes she’s still in diapers and I’m to blame but its okay because we are all happy with that choice right now.
So I’m feeling good today, but I don’t want to jinx anything. I’m trying to stay on top of my eating and I don’t go more than 2-3 hours without food. Once my stomach hits empty, nausea increases by 10. I’ve learned and I’m determined to END my nausea. There has to be a cure right?
I tried crackers, ginger, carbonated drinks, lots of fluid, all the bread, ginger tea, all the sweets, lemons, tea, rest, massage, pressure points, chewing gum, sucking on hard candies, eating crappy, eating healthy… I’ve found a balance today that works for me.
Tips for Pregnancy Nausea
- Wake up and immediately snack on something small
- Exercise or do something active after eating breakfast
- Eat every 2-3 hours (sometimes even every hour)
- Chew Gum or Sucking on mint candies
- Brush teeth at least 3 times a day
- Drink water like it’s going out of style. Basically carrying a water bottle with me wherever I go
- Vitamin B6
- Take a prenatal vitamin with a full belly
- Eat what my body is telling me (fried rice, clementines, potatoes, all the protein, etc)
- Tell yourself you CAN deal with the nausea (someone always has it worse!)
- A serving of protein at each meal
- Rest or nap if you are exhausted
- Sleep at least 8-9 hours
- Eat a snack 30 minutes before I go to bed
MY list could go on, but the biggest thing for me is 1. DON’T let my stomach get empty and 2. EXERCISE even if it’s a short walk with Cooper. The days I didn’t exercise or I didn’t stay on top of my eating were the days I felt the worst and the days I found myself immobile on the couch.
I hope there are some pregnant women or future moms out there that can use this list if they get nauseous! I would never want anyone to experience pregnancy nausea
What tips do you have for pregnancy nausea?
What about nausea in general?