I’m not so sure that you all enjoy these baby & postpartum updates, but writing them helps me reflect on the past month and all the progress that Ava and I have made together.
She has grown drastically this month, both physically and mentally. This past month has been by far my favorite month with Ava.
Ava is 19 1/2lbs and 29 1/2 inches long! (she is in 98th percentile for length) I am still pulling for a basketball player or a rockette.
New Things for Ava
- Ava is now WALKING… she is getting more brave and stronger each day. It started out with 1 step, then 2, then 8, then 10. Pretty soon she will be running
- She loves pancakes, eggs, apples, pineapple, squash, sweet potatoes, meatballs, chicken, green beans, etc
- Her absolute favorite fruit is a banana, the girl can already eat 1/2 of it in one sitting. Her appetite is just like mine.
- You can give her cheerios any time of day and she will eat them
- She likes her sippy cup. We only give her water right now.
- Ava can clap her hands, usually she claps on her own terms but sometimes she will clap with us when it is appropriate
- Waving bye bye! This one is hit or miss.
- Dancing with her arms up over her head (hands down my favorite!)
- Playing on the playground, in particular the swing and the slide
- She has 4 top teeth and 2 bottom ones, those top teeth caused her a lot of pain and made us sleep a little less these past 2 weeks
- New words.. gaga, nenene which is her version of no. She looks at Cooper when he steals her toys and says nenene (she primarily says mama, baba and dada) yesterday she said buh-bye for the first time!
- When the gate is up on the stairs, Ava is not happy! She will basically let out a fake cry and she needs someone to move it so she can make her way up the stairs.
- She loves Elmo, I’m not going to lie Elmo’s laugh makes me giggle too. SO if you need to smile click on this Elmo YOUTUBE Video
- Ava loves balloons and when we are in the store she laughs at them.
Ava does NOT like….
- Socks! She pulls at least one of them off within a minute of putting them on.. and if she isn’t fast enough Cooper will. He loves her feet.
- She doesn’t really like when we feed her, she wants to do it herself. Mrs. Independent
- Being left in a room by herself.
- Crazy, scary halloween stuffed animals and decorations at CVS.
- Begin stuck in the car seat for too long, she needs to be on the move.
- She hates diaper changes, and is Houdini on the changing table.
- The word no, she laughs instead… NOT FUNNY.
Well I am sure these 2 lists could go on forever but those were all I could whip together right now.
A while ago I said I was going to stop these status updates, but my body and my goals are still changing so I want to share my progress with you.
- My weight is the same.. and probably will stay within a 2-3lb range.
- I have gained upper body strength, I increased my weights with all my exercises!! I am SO proud of that accomplishment!
- I did not reach my pull-up goal, I am not going to lie… I never practiced.
- My Core is a lot tighter, thanks to Paleo-ish clean eating and lifting more weights
MY GOALS for the next 2 months before we hit the 1 year postpartum mark is to keep getting stronger and to work on my pull-ups. It has been difficult to get some extra time to focus on them, but I am going to make a conscious effort too. I might need to invest in a Pull-up Bar!
What are some of your accomplishments this month?
Did you have a goal that you reached?
What new changes would you like to see with your body, and how will you make it happen?