In one month Ava will turn ONE!
That’s pretty crazy…….. it has made me realize that time sure does fly.
At 11 MONTHS Ava has proven to Marc and I that she is the energizer bunny. This girl can GO-GO-GO and won’t stop until she’s on E and even sometimes she pushes it further.
Ava is weighing in at 20lbs 8oz. She is 70th percentile for weight. She definitely eats a lot for an 11 month old and follows in her parents footsteps.
Her new words are ne-ne and ccccoop (she tries to say cooper but not quite there yet!)
There’s not much Ava won’t eat:
- She loves meatballs and has tried turkey, ground chicken. ground beef, and ground veal meatballs. I don’t think I tried veal until a few years ago hah.
- Eggs, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, peas, squash, sweet potato, green beans, chicken and cheese are her favorites.
- She’s not a huge bread, pancake or waffle fan but will eat them on occasion.
- She can eat a 1/2 slice of cheese pizza, almost 1/2 cup pasta, and will eat as much chicken as I do in one sitting. Like I said, the girl can eat.
I shouldn’t complain at all about sleeping because Ava sleeps through the night! Since setting the clocks back last weekend she’s been getting up at 5am which is an hour earlier then she usually gets up. I have been craving a little more sleep, but I totally get that her body isn’t used to it.
When Ava gets sleepy she lays on the floor.
Her naps are pretty good too, I won’t bore you with details but she takes some good naps.
(She loves to cuddle with Grandma)
Ava has been walking since 9 1/2 months which was early, so you can imagine how much more she is getting into these days. She has progressed to running and has NO control, which has resulted in a few more bumps and bruises. She pretty much has one speed and that is GO.
- Ava loves pots, pans, tupperware, pulling out coopers bones, banging his toy dish, spilling his water bowl, pushing chairs, pulling out all the dvd’s, and pretty much will play with anything that isn’t in her toy bin.
- You can hand her a tooth brush and she will play with it for 20 minutes.
- She can scoot herself off of beds, scoot backwards down the stairs, and flip herself over cooper when he’s laying on the floor.
- She loves playing with Cooper
- She likes to dance with her hands in the air, and most recently she shakes her butt with her hands on the floor (Don’t tell Marc, he might flip out)
- Anything goes at play-time, and she is mostly into exploring new things.
- She will wave hi and bye on her own terms & still loves peek-a-boo
- She loves to hide behind tables and chairs and when we say “where’s Ava?” she pops out. It’s pretty darn cute.
The list can go on and on but Mrs. Independent needs attention so this post must come to an end before she gets into trouble.
This will be short and sweet! I am getting stronger and finally starting to see strength gains particularly in my arms & back. I have been focusing a lot on my upper body since the collar-bone injury, and it is SO nice to see progress. I am going to start to shift my focus now to my abs for the next month, I will keep you posted.
Here are some “THROWBACK THURSDAY” pictures from 2 weeks ago!
For all you mom’s out there, what is your favorite baby age?
Do you have any activity suggestions for an 11 month old?
What is your favorite AB exercise?